the Riot ends in June..

Friday, April 4

Spring Renaissance

Today I've lost nine semesters of my portfolio. Essentially all that I have remaining are cds of presentations and some vector work. All photographs, reports, resumes, assignments, music and anything else digital in my portfolio has been lost. Next room over sits a 300G external drive.

I am suprisingly humble about the situation. An artist is most worried about losing his creativity, not his work.


"If we examine the notion of impermanence closely and honestly, we see that it is all-pervading, everything is marked by impermanence. We might posit an eternal consciousness principle, or higher self, but if we examine our consciousness closely we see that it is made up of temporary mental processes and events. We see that our "higher self" is speculative at best and imaginary to begin with. We have invented the idea to secure ourselves, to cement our relationship, once again. Because of this we feel uneasy and anxious, even at the best of times. It is only when we completely abandon clinging that we feel any relief from our queasiness."

An Overview of Buddhism

I will post when I can.

No comments: