the Riot ends in June..

Sunday, June 15

Stop the Violence

KRS One speaks on MC's selling out. KRS is a heavy-hitting lyracist, and although I have not heard as much diversity and range from him as some readers, I understand and connect with the amount I have been shown or have listened to. An MC, who's still around, and one of Hip Hop's finest,



Much respect.
I had primarily listened to KRS One from my brother's mixtapes and CD's up until college. So about 5-6 years ago, and the first track I heard KRS over top of Goldie UK drumm and bass styles. One of those artists who is multi genre, really and truly MC's from the heart, the soul.

Old school, classic timing of his ryhmes, Stop the Violence was established at the peak of the 80's, and a bad time in violence in the Hip Hop community. Wikipedia will allow you to learn more.

The original, funky 80's Hip Hop.
KRS One - Stop the Violence



The remastered, and cameo'd 2008 vesion is far away in comparison to the 80's version, in my opinion. Not that the message is any different, but early Hip Hop is gold compared to today's injection-molded plastic music. What really turned me off it was Chamillionaire's /sp?? bad verbal skills, and impressive desire to continue.

KRS One + Guests - Stop the Violence 2008


STOP THE VIOLENCE 08

No comments: