the Riot ends in June..

Tuesday, August 5

Essentially..

my head is still rattled by the thumping bass, the non-stop, no-where-bound conversations, and intense sun exposure with rainy, cold nights. But it was one good festival. Move the rock stage closer, or maybe next year I will bring a bike. However, I did hit up the Jungle tent for a few hours each day and gave it my all. Learning to stall and front kick, and all that good steppin' maneouver.

Until the footaage is transfered we won't know what is on the tapes. The camera was put away for a good portion during the rain, and I spent Sunday night in the tent recovering from the day time's sunshine. However, the drive up was beautiful, the smell of onions not - the stages were immaculate like anyDestiny festival, and I expect CEMF to grow bigger by next year.

In any case it is a good, hard festival. Lots to improve on, including water booths throughout the site, more firewood, and less of a walk to the stages. Even camping next to the gates both years this is the number one problem - distance. Be sure to pack everything you need when heading to the stages. While vendor prices are good and the layout is perfect, the intense sun is easy to burn one's body quick. So plan on being out with the essentials: sunscreen, shades, hats, blankets, and cash.

Thus, yes I will be returning. Number one party and lots of great people. But finally investing in a portable stage tent or party trailer is the call. USS rocked the airwaves and it is sad to have missed them. Benny Page was immaculate. That whole Jungle tent had me moving. I hope they appreciate the torn up grassroots, new growth.

Taken away from the experience: Canadian independant music is performing on a world class stage. Now to invite some Aussies, Brits, Swedish and French producers. Just my take,

Can't say Peace just yet, we will return to the review,
G

No comments: