the Riot ends in June..

Thursday, April 17

Exam @ 6, Slammed by 7

Or in my case, I will probably just go for a jolly walk - seeing as I don't drink. This exam is particularly stressful as it is worth fifty percent of my Essentials of Business Communication's mark. After completion of this course my graduation date can be tentatively scheduled for Fall 2008. Still, the Canadian job market just released a statement saying that one quarter of young-Canadian professionals are being under payed for their skills.

I don't work, therefore I am not in the statistic. However, I have been actively seeking entry-level positions for the past five years since my entrance to the rounds of post-secondary education, without much luck. This is after the the double-cohort, twice the amount of post-secondary students in the 2003-2004 education year, were hoarded into colleges because of a looming labour-shortage. Now we just have to wait until the baby-boomers retire to get jobs and then invest in other pension plans as the boomers devour what is left.

The good weather is keeping my spirits up. Only I anticipate being slapped by a wet-cold front in the near future, but thus is Spring. Just wait for the blazing heat in the middle of Summer for people to take their shirts off and wear nothing-but's. That I can handle.

As always - take care of yourself and eachother, everything else will follow.

No comments: