the Riot ends in June..

Thursday, April 17

Posture

Posture can harm or improve your body's systems. Proper posture encourages blood, enzymes and oxygen to flow through our circulatory system and into our tissue to be processed.

Just over two weeks ago I ran a two week experiment on self posture. I have long read that computer posture negatively affects the body. Over the two weeks I replaced my pent-caster, adjustable hydrolic Captain's chair with a robust, under-used, slightly explosive excersise ball.

It did the trick.

I felt my back loosen up, I felt a positive flow of my lymphatic and blood systems and I was able to maintain sleep longer than two hours. In recovery am finding the lack of restful sleep the biggest 'side effect.' Also, I have experienced chronic back-pain that was alleviated during use. Now that my work station is a borrowed laptop on my rats' cage and I am using the side of my bed as a seat, the pain has returned.

Slightly disturbing - that a little change is posture can have a large impact, and in contrast it is slightly less disturbing that I am no longer bouncing on a yoga ball around my room. I used to giggle at the anticipation of the ball exploading. haha!

Anyways, Posture is important. They even make shoes that trick your body into becoming unstable. The results are strengthed support, better balance, and increased flow of body-systems.

Looking at this photo - it would be interesting to know if the bottles are placed for balance, or, if they were placed on acu-points. Either way the level of strength to maintain the balance is phenomenal.



Or it could be a prank.. Break.com likes to rework descriptions to fit their stupidity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Graham,

You just inspired me to re-pump up my exercise ball and bring it to work!

Hope things are well.

Pat